Orichette, sausage, broccoli rabe
Orichette with sausage and broccoli rabe
Recipe Type: EASY
- Orecchiette with Pork Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
- 1 pound Orecchiette.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 1 pound loose sweet italian sausage.
- 3 cups broccoli rabe (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake.
- 1/2 cup parmesan (grated)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente, roughly 1-2 minutes less than the package directions, reserving 1/2 a cup of pasta water to the side.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and sausage to the pan, breaking it up with a potato masher or wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook for 10 minutes or until the sausage is almost fully cooked. Add the broccoli rabe and season with salt and pepper.
- ,Once the broccoli rabe begins to soften, add the garlic and red pepper flake and cook until fragrant. Add in the pasta and the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil to taste.
- Tip: Can’t find broccoli rabe at your local market? Broccoli or broccolini make an excellent substitute!