Recipe Type: Southern
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups grits instant in box
- 6 cups salted water
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 lb sharp shredded cheddar
- 3 eggs
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Boil 6 cups salted water adding grits slowly.
- Cook for 5 min. Don’t leave them until they are thick and all the water is gone and they are creamy.
- Add 1 1/2 sticks butter, 1/2 lb velveeta cheese and 1/2 lb sharp
- shredded cheddar, stir until melted. Add 3 whole eggs.
- Heat all together. Dashes of tabasco to taste.
- Place in casserole dish 9″ x 13″ pan
- Bake 30 min 400 min. or 350 for one hour.